Thursday, November 19, 2009

Are you happy?

Recently I was asked if I was happy. And I had to think about it. I told that person I would get back to them with an answer later. Well I think that I am happy even though I will never be able to do what I always wanted in life. I know when I am done with school I will get a job and raise a family like everyone else in this world and that’s what I am suppose to do, and that’s fine but that’s not what I wish to do in life. Now this is something I have never told anyone my whole life, and the reason for that is because I am afraid of what people will say. But I wanted to say it for a while now. And it really doesn’t matter because I will never be able to carry out my dream. Ok enough stalling my dream, the thing I want to do in life is I wanted to be a ronin back in the time of feudal Japan. That kind of freedom is impossible in this period of time. Now for the people who don’t know what ronin are they are master-less samurai with no home, no job, they just travel the land searching for someone to rival there own strength and to master there fight skills. . And I know when people read this they are going to groan or sigh because this is something I have been writing about for like 5 blogs so far. Well they have all been leading up to this. The whole reason I wrote about feudal Japan is because I love that time period, and when I was told I have to write one of these things a week I figured I may as well write about something I like to write about, because if I don’t what’s the point. Anyways the reason I wanted to be a ronin is because of the freedom. Ronin just traveled the land looking for other strong warriors, and that’s what I want to do. I want to travel the land not being tied down by jobs or a family or anything thing to worry about. I want to just travel the land and get in adventures. But there is no such freedom in this world anymore. Everyone is expected to get a job and raise a family. Well I don’t want to conform to what the world expects of me. But no matter how I fight it, I have to be what is expected because if I don’t I could not succeed in this life. The path of the ronin is a path of blood and a path of fighting and I would gladly trade that for this boring life, I want to be free to do what I want, when I want, where I want, and how I want. I love samurai and I want to be a great sword fighter, why because I love swords if you gave me a choice between guns and swords I would choose the sword. When a person picks up a sword they must be skilled in using it or you will fall in a duel. Anyone can kill with a gun, but when you use a sword you must be skilled in the art of sword fighting. Maybe that’s why I want to be in that time, where to be able tolive how u want, to be able to fight you must be able to beat your opponent skill. Don’t get me wrong I love my life and I will live it to the fullest. But if I could choose I would want to be in that kind of situation. And I am not picking to be a ronin so I can go and kill people that’s not why I am picking it because ronin are free they can do what ever they want, and I love the whole concept of traveling the land for strong opponents to fight. So I am not complaining about my life I am just stating what I want to do with my life and I can never do that because of the time I live in. but I will live my life and I will still have tons of fun and enjoy every moment of my life, but I will still have this burning desire to be a sword master, and I wish I could train in being a sword master but in this day in age sword fighting is almost completely dead. So this will be my dream that I can not fulfill. But when I meet this person again I will answer yes I am happy, but I want to be something I can never be.

No comments:

Post a Comment